Company: CPP Investments
Job description: Company Description
Make an impact at a global and dynamic investment organization
When you invest your career in CPP Investments, you join one of the most respected and fastest growing institutional investors in the world. With current assets under management valued in excess of $450 billion, CPP Investments is a professional investment management organization that globally invests the funds of the Canada Pension Plan (CPP) to help ensure long-term sustainability. The CPP Fund is projected to exceed $1.5 trillion in the next two decades. CPP Investments invests in all major asset classes, including public equity, private equity, real estate, infrastructure and fixed-income instruments, and is headquartered in Toronto with offices in Hong Kong, London, Luxembourg, Mumbai, New York City, San Francisco, São Paulo and Sydney.
CPP Investments attracts and selects high-calibre individuals from top-tier institutions around the globe. Join our team and look forward to:
- Diverse and inspiring colleagues and approachable leaders
- Stimulating work in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment
- Accelerated exposure and responsibility
- Global career development opportunities
- Being motivated every day by CPP Investments’ important social purpose and unshakable principles
- A deeply rooted culture of Integrity, Partnership and High Performance
If you share a passion for performance, value a collegial and collaborative culture, and approach everything with the highest integrity, here’s an opportunity for you to invest your career at CPP Investments.
The Financial Policy & Reporting (“FP&R”) group plays a critical role in the financial reporting of CPP Investments’ consolidated and legal entity financial statements, the development and implementation of accounting policy guidelines, and the accounting policy support of investment initiatives and structures.
Reporting to the Manager, FP&R, the Associate will be responsible for assisting with the preparation of CPP Investments’ corporate and investment holding subsidiaries trial balance packages and financial statements, application of accounting policies and guidelines, and execution of special projects.
The ideal candidate will have strong accounting technical skills, preferably with securities, private investments, and other investment products exposure, and proven experience in financial statement reporting and governance practices and controls. This person will have the drive to identify issues and have the creativity and strategic thinking to propose solutions. This position will work collaboratively with various stakeholders and partners throughout the organization including colleagues in Investments, Structuring, Investment Finance, Accounting Policy, Treasury, Legal, and Tax.
Role Specific Accountabilities:
- Prepare and coordinate the quarterly and annual trial balance packages and financial statements of CPP Investments’ corporate and investment holding subsidiaries including the financial statement notes in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards (“IFRS”), where applicable.
- Work closely with Accounting Policy and various other stakeholders and partners throughout the organization in reviewing and analyzing new investments and implementing required changes to the financial statement disclosure and presentation.
- Coordinate with third-party service providers to ensure timely communication of investment changes, financing activities and any relevant information to assist in producing accurate financial information for reporting.
- Review financial statements prepared by third-party service providers for completeness, accuracy and compliance with CPP Investments policies and standards.
- Liaise and interact with external auditors, where applicable.
- Maintain proper documentation of financial reporting processes and controls including workflows, source of information, frequency and purpose of the processes.
- Support process improvement initiatives to standardize and automate financial statements preparation and reporting processes, leveraging functionality of existing systems.
- Collaborate with other finance and operation groups to streamline and improve efficiency of booking investment, funding and intercompany transactions.
- Play an integral role in new and on-going investment transactions, including the provision of financial accounting support and assessments prior to the close of transactions.
- Support special projects, cross-functional initiatives, and/or ad hoc reporting as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in commerce, accounting or other relevant discipline;
- A professional accounting designation (i.e. CA/CPA) in good standing;
- Minimum 5 years of experience in financial reporting or auditing; minimum 2-3 years’ experience in the financial services industry;
- Experience in public company reporting, controls and processes is considered an asset;
- Strong technical accounting skills and the ability to quickly grasp internal controls and procedures;
- Familiarity with corporate, financial and regulatory filing requirements in various jurisdictions;
- General understanding of various private investment deal structures;
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent analytical skills with high accuracy and attention to detail;
- Demonstrated ability to succeed in a high-performing culture; open to, and comfortable with working in a dynamic, complex and fast-paced environment with constantly evolving and changing priorities and challenges;
- Self-motivated, proactively taking ownership and responsibility;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and other Office applications; and
- Exemplifies our Guiding Principles of Integrity, Partnership and High Performance.
Visit our or Follow us on LinkedIn. #LI-RS1
At CPP Investments, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
We thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact candidates selected to advance in the hiring process.
Our Commitment to Inclusion and Diversity:
In addition to being dedicated to building a workforce that reflects diverse talent, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible experience. If you require an accommodation for any part of the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms, etc.), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
CPP Investments does not accept resumes from employment placement agencies, head-hunters or recruitment suppliers that are not in a formal contractual arrangement with us. Our recruitment supplier arrangements are restricted to specific hiring needs and do not include this or other web-site job postings. Any resume or other information received from a supplier not approved by CPP Investments to provide resumes to this posting or web-site will be considered unsolicited and will not be considered. CPP Investments will not pay any referral, placement or other fee for the supply of such unsolicited resumes or information.
Expected salary: $78000 – 116000 per year
Location: Toronto, ON
Job date: Sat, 01 May 2021 22:50:13 GMT