Job title: Infection Control Professional (N4)
Job description: Requisition ID: 316779
Position Number: 20033152
Posting End Date: June 27, 2022
Site: WRHA Corporate
Work Location: Grace Hospital
Department / Unit: WRHA IP&C
Job Stream: Clinical Support
Anticipated Start Date: 07/29/2022
Anticipated Shift: Days
Daily Hours Worked: 7.75
Annual Base Hours: 2015
Salary: $41.298, $42.826, $44.358, $46.026, $47.939, $49.793, $51.819, $53.928
Grow your career in the Winnipeg Health Region! Our team provides a spectrum of health care services through an integrated network of sites, services and organizations. We’re united by a shared commitment to excellent and equitable health care.
Under the direction of the Infection Prevention and Control (IP&C) Program Director and working within the Mission, Vision, Values and Strategic Direction of the WRHA, the Infection Control Professional performs key roles which include: Leads the development, implementation, evaluation and revision of regional IP&C policies, procedures, and operational directives to ensure consistency of practice in all healthcare settings Ensures ongoing targeted surveillance of infection and colonization Ensures timely execution of recommended IP&C measures where appropriate Communicates and collaborates regarding IP&C issues across the continuum of care Leads the development, implementation, facilitation, and evaluation of IP&C education in collaboration with stakeholders Participates in IP&C research as appropriate
- A minimum of three (3) years clinical nursing experience in a healthcare setting.
- Previous work experience in the field of Infection Prevention and Control preferred.
- Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing.
- Completion of an Infection Prevention and Control Course
- Certification in Infection Control from Certification Board of Infection Control and Epidemiology, Incorporated, preferred.
- Current registration or eligibility for registration with CRNM required.
- Active participation in professional associations e.g. Association of Registered Nurses of Manitoba (ARNM) preferred.
Qualifications and Skills
- Scope of practice as documented in the Regulated Health Professions Act (RHPA).
- Knowledge of the mission, vision, values, and strategic direction of the Winnipeg Regional Health Authority (WRHA).
- Knowledge of the key roles and duties of the WRHA Infection Prevention and Control Program.
- Knowledge of Personal Health Information Act (PHIA).
- Demonstrated knowledge of Infection Prevention and Control competencies.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microbiology, infectious disease, epidemiology and biostatistics.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the principles of quality improvement, program development, and adult education.
- Demonstrated ability to function collaboratively as a member of a multidisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to function in a self-directed, independent manner with limited supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, interpret and respond appropriately to multiple concurrent activities.
- Demonstrated ability to assess and critically review literature.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Proficiency in computer software applications, including Microsoft Office.
- Fast paced environment.
- Contact with the public, patients/residents/clients and other healthcare professionals.
- Variable daily tasks.
- Multiple concurrent demands.
- Must be able to concentrate over extended periods of time despite frequent interruptions.
- Pressure to perform duties accurately and efficiently within a proscribed period of time.
- Required to enter construction sites, plant maintenance, medical device reprocessing, laboratory, and other ancillary areas.
- Required to work for extended periods of time on the computer (NOTE: computer and telephone use represent repetitive tasks).
- May be required to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
- Travel throughout the WRHA will be required.
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions across the WRHA legal entity that combine to equal more than 1.0 EFT. The WRHA legal entity includes Churchill Health Centre, Deer Lodge Centre, Grace Hospital, Middlechurch Home of Winnipeg, Pan Am Clinic, River Park Gardens, Victoria General Hospital, WRHA corporate programs, and WRHA community health services.
Interviewed candidates may be called upon to participate in a skills assessment.
Any application received after the closing time will not be included in the competition.
We welcome applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request during the assessment and selection process.